A dawn of new dreams


It was 5.50 am, and today being third Saturday, was my day off. My biological clock though seemed to be oblivious to the fact and woke me up on my normal routine. It was the 'I, me, myself' time I hardly get these days, and I decided to get pampered. Sitting in the balcony of our 7th floor apartment in Chennai with my morning coffee was my idea of pampering myself.
The smell of wet sand and the cold breeze after the late-night showers is something Chennaites always yearn for. And when all this comes sans the crazy honking of cars and smell of petrol, it's a tempting luxury package. I stared at the far away sight of miniature aeroplanes moving in the airport, that was my way of assuring my eyesight was intact.
Its amazing how nature can be a source of meditation. My mind went blank as I stared into the morning sky, slowly unveiling itself. I suddenly could feel the rush of thoughts. It's been eight months since I moved back to Chennai. And Chennai as always, has been warm and welcoming. My greatest solace though has been that my daughter was quick to embrace the city and has started chatting in Tamil. I love her slang, thanks to people from whom she picked it up, mostly street vendors (poo Aunty!.. Pun unintended.. )... I can't help noticing that she has fallen for the culture too when she asks for a long string of mallipoo to adorn on her ever growing locks.
The unprecedented return to Chennai after eight years brings back fond memories of old times. Surprisingly, things I had shelved off as wildest dreams have begun to materialise and I pinch myself to make sure it's not a dream. Living in a high rise apartment, driving in the crazy Chennai traffic, and most importantly rejoining my old company, travelling by the local train and the list goes on...
The beauty of returning to the city where you grew up and spent the most part of your life is that you can see the change, and conversely the lack of change. One very visible change is the mix of people, Chennai has never been so cosmopolitan, there has been a huge influx of non-tamil speaking population. And another interesting change is in the increasing number of working women. Clearly, diversity is here to stay, and Chennai is undoubtedly one of the safest cities for women.
I have learned one good lesson in life, there is a time for everything and life has its way of unfolding surprises and making dreams come true. So I will never stop dreaming, and adding to my already-long bucket list of things to do, now that I have a little champion to accompany me and throw light on little beautiful things surrounding me. And all this wouldnt have been possible if my soulmate had not backed me. So when I get successful one day, you know whos behind me. :) 
Life itself is a dream, to be lived, experienced and cherished...

Comments

  1. Good one Remya!!! Nice flow of words!! Welcome back to singara chennai!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely blog Remya.. I could visualize you sitting in your balcony and sipping coffee :) would love to see (read) more..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waowww!! You took me on a journey as i was reading through your lines!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. In the hustle and bustle of life, to find time to draw such great inspiration from the surroundings — in the most subtlest of ways — is something that people need to learn. You have beautifully tried to capture the workaday nuances of life. Well written.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Remya.. Awesome writing. Being a writer myself, not on blogs - but an independent and inter dependant writer, I could find the flow of your thoughts free on air with feathers on and on on. .
    Good. Keep doing this great job.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My dream for my daughter

Tia

The Power of Music