Eve's Dream


I read an interesting article written by a woman, in the same lines as the thoughts that were running in my mind. She spoke of the insecurity in the minds of men today about the women who surround their lives. The fear among some men about their genuine words, actions and gestures that may be misunderstood or misinterpreted as harassment. So today's blog is dedicated to the men who sincerely feel and treat women as equals. (I know this comes as a shocker to those of you who call me a feminist!!)

When I look around and open my eyes, what I see is that there is an equal or proportionate number of women (as men) everywhere, going to work, running a trade etc. This would not have been possible, but for the men in their families. When I see fathers and grandfathers taking care of kids in parks, while their mother's away at work, I can't help acknowledging that times have changed. The TV ads that depict men changing diapers for babies and husbands clearing dishes from the table are not just someone's wild imagination and exagerration.

I would like to quote the words of a keynote speaker on Women's day, change is happening though at a slow pace. Today's world is much much better and welcoming to women than my mother's or grandmother's generation. So let's not lose our energy struggling for more and more rights, but feel fortunate to be born during better times, and spend our energy on positive things that will enrich lives, both ourselves and others.

Happy women's day! Proud to be part of a generation that is ready to swim along the wave of change. Let's celebrate the men in our lives who cook a meal because their wife is busy in a meeting, who regret that their wives had to drop their careers while they pursued their own, who offers a helping hand to a female colleague so she can go back home sooner. There is so much positivity around that sometimes goes unnoticed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My dream for my daughter

Tia

The Power of Music