Fresh-brewed-coffee for the Soul



"Coffee is happiness in a cup" read the colourful poster in the coffeeshop. Coffee that is hot, strong, and sweet is my cup of happiness I thought. Unlike tea, I don't have coffee everyday, so it's like a treat and has to be perfect to be relished. Good movies are also like a perfect cup of coffee, that can be an incredible source of happiness and positivity. Both can fuel our minds, spirits and passion.

Last month, I watched two coffee-themed movies, 'Leo' and the Amazon series 'Sweet Kaaram Coffee'. On a coffee scale, Leo was too strong for me and sans the sweet. But there was no disappointment with Leo coffee (pun intended), as I signed up for it without expectations, just to accompany the little Thalapathy-fan at home. Action scenes with disregard for logic, having to watch the prequel and sequel to make complete sense of the movie and good music seemingly 'inspired' by foreign music is not my cup of coffee. 

Fortunately, as I was recuperating from the after-effects of the Leo coffee, I chanced upon the series 'Sweet Kaaram Coffee' on Amazon. I am not a binge watcher, but trust me this one had me hooked. It was a tale of three women from the same family but three different generations, who set out on an unplanned road trip. It is an emotional tale of regaining lost identities and lost friendships, self-introspection and much more. The story seamlessly weaves together the past, present and the hopes and fears of the future. The lead trio and the other characters complement and supplement each other making a fine blend of ingredients that made this cup of coffee enchantingly beautiful.  

I am sure most of us can relate to one or more characters in the series and would have passed through similar circumstances in our life. It makes me ponder on the subtle facts and questions put forward. How much do we know our own family members? We sometimes blindly practice what we have been taught since childhood, but how often do we do a fact check? Maybe the parenting is the right time to correct the myths or mistakes rooted in the system while also carrying forward the right practices. 

Above all, most of the big problems in our life may not be all that big if we take a step backward and look at what it is that we want; and how we can influence things and people around us to fall in place for our own bliss. Sometimes all it takes is sharing it with the concerned person or anyone who cares to listen. It is better to untie the knots when our clock is still ticking. 

You can't make everyone happy, you're not coffee; but you can certainly make yourself your cup of coffee or whatever it takes to keep you happy.

Comments

  1. Superb blog!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superb writing...I also watched Leo for my son..He had already given me and his father a warning that we shouldn't mumble anything against the film after watching it...So when asked about the movie while descending the steps of the theatre ,his father commented it's really good especially they made good use of technology while throwing a glance 😜 at me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey dear very nice.. Normally feelings Can not be expressed by words but each and everything whatever you felt you have mentioned in a such manner, good keep post...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My dream for my daughter

Tia

The Power of Music